Business Continuity Planning
What is business continuity planning?
Business continuity planning (BCP) is the capacity to maintain functional operations during or shortly following disruptive events, or the capability to quickly resume business functions and research activities after such an event. Read more about the importance of business continuity planning.
Northwestern University’s Business Continuity Program
Through oversight, coordination, and collaboration, the program ensures that the methodology, plans, and tools are in place to minimize the impacts of a crisis event. It emphasizes:
- Protection of life, health, and safety of all University community members and visitors
- Preservation of the viability of the institution
- Protection of the University’s reputation and public confidence
- Restoration of general campus operations
Overall, our mission is to ensure Northwestern University continues to be a world-class leader in academics, research, and community support, even in the face of adversity.
Use this website to prepare for a disaster or emergency.
- Develop a business/research continuity plan for your administrative, research, or academic unit.
- Learn about emergency preparations beyond formal business continuity plans.
- Find resources, including case studies from other large-scale crises.
- Learn about the Business Continuity Progam, including ways to contact us or get involved in events.