AlcoholEdu for Parents
AlcoholEdu for Parents is an online program designed to support your conversations about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your son or daughter must make in college surrounding alcohol use. The program includes:
- Suggestions for the best way to start conversations about alcohol (15 min).
- An overview of the AlcoholEdu for College student course structure and key concepts (5 min).
- Direct access to the AlcoholEdu for College student course, in an easy-to-use format that allows you to navigate freely from chapter to chapter (approx. 3 hours).
- Helpful resources, such as tips on talking to your college student about alcohol, fact sheets on alcohol's effect on the brain, how alcohol impairs learning and memory, and more.
- To take AlcoholEdu for Parents, you will need a computer with internet access and audio capabilities.
- Go to: http://parents.alcoholedu.com
- Please review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu for Parents login page.
- Under New User enter the following Login ID for PARENTS ONLY: P147767PARENT
IMPORTANT: Do NOT share this Web site and Login ID with your student as he/she will not receive credit for course completion under this account. Your son or daughter will be given a separate student Login ID and instructions for accessing the student version ofAlcoholEdu.
- Click "Sign Up" and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Need Help? Should you experience any difficulties or require support, theAlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Parents screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
American Council for Drug Education
The ACDE is a substance abuse prevention agency that develops programs and materials for parents, students, educators and health professionals.
College Drinking, Changing the Culture
The parent section on this website includes facts about consequences of college drinking and helpful advice about talking with your student about alcohol, staying involved during freshman year, and how to get assistance if faced with an alcohol-related crisis.