Setting Up Your File
Steps for setting up your file
(Please remember that least one recommender must have agreed to write a letter of recommendation before you can set up your file.)
- Complete the Set-Up Form
- Submit the Set-Up Form to the Rec-File Office
- Submit Your Signed Documents to the Rec-File Office
- Complete the Recommendation File Set-Up Form
- This form must be opened with Adobe Reader (Mac/Apple Preview is not sufficient). Click here to download a free edition of Adobe Reader. If you are having problems opening/saving the fillable form, please make sure your version of Adobe Reader has received all available updates before proceeding.
- Please be sure you are downloading the form, instead of opening the form in a browser window. If you open the form in an internet browser tab/window, you will not be able to save your information in the form!
- If you are having trouble downloading the form: Clicking on the Recommendation File Set-Up Form link will automatically open a fillable PDF in a new browser window. Save the blank form to your computer, and then open the saved form in Adobe Reader and complete all required information.
- Provide name of at least one recommender who has agreed to write a letter on your behalf (additional recommenders may be added later, up to a maximum of six).
- The essay is recommended but optional. If you do not submit your essay when you open your file, you must send the essay directly to your recommenders if they request it.
- The resume is optional, and may be submitted as a separate attachment to provide additional information for the recommender.
- Submit the Set-Up Form by clicking the "Submit this Form" button at the top or bottom of the form.
- Include your resume (optional)
- Include a copy of your personal statement (optional)
- Allow up to five business days for the file to be set up.
- All files are handled in the order that they are received in fairness to all applicants.
The Rec-File Office will email you confirming that your file has been set up and requesting the following documents:
- A copy of your information packet cover page for you to sign, acknowledging that you waive your rights to view your letters.
- A Statement of Understanding form for you to sign, notifying you of potential action against falsification and/or misrepresentation of any information relating to your file.