Recommendation File Service
The Service We Provide
The Recommendation File Services office acts as an intermediary in the recommendation letter process. We receive letters and evaluations from recommenders and submit them to health professions programs at the student’s request.
Who Can Use Our Service
How Much It Costs
A one-time $35 service fee is required for every recommendation file that is opened. Upon payment a student can apply to any number of medical schools during the current and/or future application cycles for up to five (5) years from the date the file is opened with no extra fees incurred (special delivery fees may apply, see fees page for more information).
What Your Final Letter Packet Will Include
1. A cover page signed by a UAAC Health Professions Adviser verifying the authenticity of the letter packet’s contents.
2. A compilation of evaluation scores submitted by each recommender.
3. A copy of each letter of recommendation.
How To Get Started
Thoroughly review the following links to help you understand how the Letters of Recommendation File Services can meet your needs for the upcoming medical school application cycle.
- Before You Set Up Your File
- Setting Up Your File
- Once Your File is Set Up
- Instructions for Listing the Letter Packet on Your Application
- How to Request That Your Letter Packet Be Sent To Schools
- Frequently Asked Questions
More questions? Contact us:
Recommendation File Services Coordinator
Premed/Prehealth Administrative Assistant
Office hours: Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.